Steam is a popular platform for PC gaming that offers a wide range of payment options for users to purchase games and software. However, there can be issues with the payment system, such as the Steam Pending Transaction prompt. If you encounter this problem, here are some steps you can take to resolve it.
1. Cancel any pending transactions:
– Open Steam and click on your username at the top right.
– Select “Account Details” and then click on “View Purchase History.”
– In the purchase history, find any transactions with the “Pending” status and cancel them.
– If your current transaction hasn’t been charged yet, cancel it as well.
– Restart Steam and try making the purchase again.
2. If you’ve been charged, wait:
– If you have already been charged for the transaction and it’s still pending, you should wait for a few days.
– Steam will attempt to collect funds from your bank, and if successful, the payment will go through and the game will be added to your library.
– If the transaction is canceled or put on hold by Steam, it’s possible that you failed the CVV2 or Address Verification System check.
– Check with your bank to see if they’re currently experiencing any issues.
– It may take around 10 days for the charged amount to be reversed back to you.
3. Disable VPN or IP Proxy:
– Steam does not allow purchases made through anonymous proxies.
– If you’re using a VPN or IP changer, disable it before making a purchase.
– Using VPN to hide your IP can lead to a permanent ban from Steam.
4. Use the Steam website instead of the client, or vice versa:
– If you’re experiencing issues with making a purchase through the Steam client, try using the Steam website.
– Similarly, if you’re encountering problems with the website, try using the Steam client.
– This helps to identify if the issue is specific to one service.
5. Contact Steam Support:
– If none of the above suggestions work, it’s recommended to contact Steam support for assistance.
– They are responsive and will guide you on resolving the transaction problem.
We hope this guide has been helpful in addressing the Steam pending transaction problem. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments below.