Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart has recently been released on PC and offers multiple settings that can be adjusted for optimal performance. However, the game is still quite demanding, especially on higher settings, and it is recommended to have a powerful system to ensure a smooth experience. Currently, there are some stability issues that we hope will be addressed in a future patch. To minimize crashes in Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, here are a few suggestions:
1. Disable Ray-Tracing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart requires a significant amount of VRAM, and if you have an 8 GB GPU, you may run out of memory quickly. If you are experiencing frequent crashes, it is recommended to disable Ray-Tracing for now, as it consumes a substantial amount of VRAM. However, if possible, it is still advisable to enable Ray-Tracing reflections as they enhance the overall presentation. Experiment with turning off RT shadows and AO before disabling RT reflections.
2. Adjust Texture Quality: Another factor that affects VRAM usage is Texture Quality. Setting it to Very High can significantly increase memory usage. Lowering it to High is a good starting point, but Medium is the optimal setting if your GPU has 8 GB of VRAM. Avoid using the Very High setting unless you have a high-end system, as it can negatively impact performance.
3. Reduce Resolution: If you are using techniques like DLDSR, DSR, or VSR to run the game at a higher resolution than native, consider reducing the resolution slightly. This will help reduce VRAM usage and allocation, especially when decreasing from a higher resolution like 1620p to 1080p. Enabling DLSS on NVIDIA GPUs or FSR 2.0 or XeSS on AMD GPUs is recommended.
4. Verify Game Files: It is possible that crashes are not solely related to graphical settings but may be caused by corrupted game files. To rule out this possibility, you can verify the game files on either the Steam or Epic Games Launcher platforms. This will ensure that the game files are intact and not causing any issues.
5. Update GPU Drivers: Ensure that you have the latest drivers installed for your GPU. NVIDIA has already released the Game Ready Drivers specifically for Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, and other GPU manufacturers should follow suit. You can find the latest drivers on the respective websites of AMD, NVIDIA, and Intel.
By following these suggestions, we hope you can reduce the occurrence of crashing issues in Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart on PC. Feel free to ask any questions in the comments section below.